In this fast-paced world, people hardly get time to shape up and look beautiful. Working men and women from all walks of life face a lot of stress in their daily lives. Handling work pressure every day and meeting deadlines take their toll on us. We all feel exhausted and lethargic at the end of the day. We might feel less motivated and gradually become prey to different kind of health issues.
Thinking about the welfare of the employees and to inculcate the habit of doing Yoga regularly, Aludecor organised an event “Aludecor- Yoga with you” on 21st June, 2018 for all the Employees, Dealers, Architects, and customers at all the branches in India. It was organised with the main motive to celebrate the spirit of fitness on International Yoga Day and to engage all the Aludecorians by flashing it live on social media. Yoga gurus were appointed for yoga training sessions for the employees. It was a successful event as all of them actively took part in the sessions including the ones who viewed the live session.
Benefits of Yoga:
Yoga, as the name suggests, is a unity of the mind and soul. It is a process of harmonizing the body breathing and various yoga asanas (Postures), exercises and meditation.
Some of the health benefits of yoga include:
- Improves Blood Circulation: The breathing exercises in yoga helps in the transportation of oxygen and nutrient throughout the body. This improves the circulation of blood flow in the body, keeping one healthy with a glowing skin.
- Improves Body Flexibility: Practicing yoga every day helps to increase the flexibility of one’s body. The different asana loosens up the stiff muscles and reduces fat which in turn makes the body flexible and reduces the body pain like sciatica.
- Lowers Blood Sugar Level: Reducing blood sugar levels can help decrease the different health risks of diabetics such as cardiac arrest, kidney failure, and blindness. Yoga reduces blood sugar levels and improves the sensitivity to insulin in Diabetes patients. It also helps to reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol and increases the HDL (good) cholesterol in the body.
- Increases Immunity: Yoga asanas and pranayamas have a beneficial effect of boosting up the function of the immune system when needed and vice versa.
- Makes you feel happier: The mental loops of frustration, regret, anger, fear, and desire that can cause stress can be easily reduced with the help of Yoga.
Aludecor’s Yoga with You:
The session in Kolkata started with some basic breathing exercises, stretching, twisting, jogging, and hand exercises.
As it advanced towards the freehand exercises the session got interesting. Various asanas like the Surya Namaskar, Nauka Asana, Bhujanga Asana and Dhanur Asana were practiced by the employees during the session.
Towards the end of the
session, the yoga guru did some pranayamas
like Kapalbhati, Anulom Vilom, etc.
The activity was followed by a question and answer session. The employees had many health-related questions like what diet plans can be followed to reduce weight, what asanas can be done to reduce back pain etc. The yoga guru answered each and every question. The session ended on a healthy note with a balanced breakfast of sandwiches, banana and orange juice.